About the Lewes-Rehoboth Rotary Club
The Lewes-Rehoboth Rotary Club was founded in 1929. For 94 years the Club has been making our community a better and safer place to live, work, go to school and raise a family. Through our Flags For Heroes, and other fundraising programs and events, the Club has donated many hundreds of thousands of dollars to local charitable organizations over the years. In 2022 alone our club donated nearly $90,000 to these organizations or sponsored these scholarships and other events. Please help us continue this work with your Hero recognition for Veterans Day and flag sponsorship. Your Hero can be from any walk of life or relationship to you. Veterans, Active military, Family members. Teachers, Doctors, Nurses, Fireman, Police, EMTs … anyone who is a hero in your eyes.
The following is where your dollars went last year:
- Beau Biden Foundation
- Bill Peterson Memorial HS Scholarship
- Cape Gazette 5k for Harry K Foundation
- Cape Henlopen Educational Foundation (CHEF) School Supplies
- Children's Beach House
- Christiana Health Care (Swank Memory Care)
- Clothing Our Kids
- Club sponsored High School Scholarships
- Club sponsored Nursing School Scholarships
- Community Resource Center
- Delaware Adolescent Programs, Inc.
- Delaware Foundation Reaching Citizens
- Disaster Aid USA
- Delaware Tech Community College (DTCC) Veterans Program
- Epworth Church Food Ministry
- H.O. Brittingham Elementary School Robotics Team
- Hands International
- Harry K Foundation
- Home of the Brave
- Interact Club
- Kent-Sussex Industries
- Lewes Little League
- Life Lines Program
- Olivia Nemcic - Beebe Project
- Pathways to Success
- Race 4 Warriors
- Sussex Family YMCA
- Rise Against Hunger
- Rotary District Grant - Nursing Scholarship
- Rotary Foundation for Polio Plus
- Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA}
- School Blanket Program
- St. Peter's Heart & Soul Ministry
- Techno Goober – Kids Fishing Tournament
- The Shepherd's Office
- Warrior Community Connect
- WBOC Bless Our Children
- What Is Your Voice
This year's commemorative medallion
The Lewes-Rehoboth Rotary Club is very proud to feature Beebe Healthcare President and CEO — and military veteran — Dr. David Tam, on this year’s Flags For Heroes medallion.
During his 24 years of active service in the US Navy, Dr. Tam served as CEO of the Western Region of Tri-Care and Deputy Commander, CEO and Strategy Officer at the Naval Medical Center in San Diego.
Last year, Dr. Tam was named Delaware Business Times Large Nonprofit CEO of the Year, cited for his dedication to overcoming society’s myriad detriments to healthcare, such as poverty, veteran’s issues, and rural isolation.
In just three years, under Dr. Tam’s leadership, Beebe has added more than 100 physicians, a specialty surgical center and additional healthcare campuses countywide…as his team continues its mission of “Creating the Next Generation of Care for Sussex County".
Sponsor your heroes
Won’t you join us in honoring our heroes and yours, whether veterans, active military, first responders, teachers or anyone else that has made a difference in your life and the lives of others? Your hero’s medallion will be proudly displayed on a flag at this year’s field of flags in front of the Cape Henlopen School District Office on Kings Hwy, in Lewes, over a 2-week period spanning Veterans Day. Once the display is taken down your commemorative hero medallion will be mailed to you to keep.
Sponsor your hero(es) online here for only $50 per hero plus a small transaction processing fee. Or print our form (Sponsor Flags by Mail) and mail it along with your check for $50 per hero. The Lewes-Rehoboth Rotary Club thanks you as do the many charities we serve.